While trying to open a company file, users get an Quickbooks Error Code 6189 , (-6189, -82), (-6189, -77), or (-6189, -1005). The reasons for the issue could be:
1. A different transaction log files (.TLG). like a.TLG file that is much older as compared to the company file you are trying to open.
2. Limited permissions for the Windows users, QBDataServiceUserXX.
3. User’s attempt to open a company file in an inappropriate version of QuickBooks Desktop. For example, opening a QuickBooks 2015 company file in QuickBooks 2014.
4. There may be chances of company file to be damaged or corrupted.
Find Solution Of Quickbooks Error Code 6189 Issues
The issue that leads to the occurrence of this error, could be settled in the latest offering for your version of QuickBooks Desktop. Upgrade your copy of QB software to the latest version, and then again try to open create the company file. If you are re-opening and updating the QuickBooks and the issue doesn’t get resolved, QuickBooks support recommends 2 remedies for this particular error. The first remedy may remove your error, or you may need to try both to fix the issue.
Solution 1 – Download the QuickBooks tool of Doctor File. Install and run it. If the Quickbooks Error Code 6189 doesn’t stop appearing, then try the next one.
Solution 2 – To remove the Error of -6189, XX manually
– At the start, Rename the log file transaction:
! Start your Computer window; press Win + E on the keyboard.
! Go to the Folder that contains your company file.
! Search for the transaction log file. It will have the same name as that of your company file, but with. TLG extension
! Rename your Transaction log file.
! Try out with a different name, like company file OLD.tlg
! Now start QuickBooks, a new transaction log file will create automatically
– If the problem reoccurs, please ensure that the data is not encrypted
– In Windows Explorer, Select Properties
– Choose the General Tab.
– Now select Attributes, and then hit Advanced option
– If the Encrypt contents to secure data is selected, it means the file is encrypted. Clear the checkbox and click on OK button
– Now Copy the file and paste it on a desktop. If it opens, then we can say the file location is damaged.
– If other users successfully sign in then find a solution to the corrupted data.
In case, you don’t get satisfactory results through the above methods, move to our help desk ‘QuickBooks Support’. It offers services round the clock to remove client issues. You can use Quickbooks Technical Support Phone Number 1-866-292-4631
for the same. I must say YOU SHOULD TRY IT ONCE. It is a suitable platform to seek finest technical help!