This Quickbooks error normally occurs when there is an issue with configuration settings of the host. It is when the firewall is blocking the communication in or out. QuickBooks is not able to retrieve the IP address of the company file host.
Sources to Quickbooks error are:
1. Incorrect Hosting configuration settings, some other pc could have hosting turned on, please ensure that
only the server pc switched on the hosting
2. DNS settings are not set correctly
3. QuickBooks is not able to track the IP address of host computer. Corrupted IP address might be used by the
server manager of QB database system
4. QuickBooks services are switched off.
QuickbooksDBXX or QBCFMonitor services are not working in a suitable manner, and they should start automatically.
STEPS TO FOLLOW FOR QUICKBOOKS ERROR SOLUTION:
1. Download Quickbooks file doctor and run the software on any workstation where you get H series error, the issue
will be solved by file doctor itself on all pcs if it is a multi-user program.
2. Check hosting and services of your system: if it is multi-user, only server computer should turn on hosting.
To check hosting, it’s not essential to open a specific company file, only you have to open QuickBooks and
then select File > Utilities, on all pcs except host computer
A list will be there on your screen, and if you see ‘Host multi-user access’ option there, it means a company
file is not being hosted, you may try on another pc. Repeat this process on each pc until you see ‘Stop Hosting Multi-User Access’ option. Once this option is visible to you, please select it.
3. Configure firewall settings: On each pc, open firewall settings and then open control panel by right-clicking
on the Windows button located on the desktop. On the search bar above, type ‘Firewall’ and then hit Enter.
From windows firewall, choose Advanced settings
In the left side, press right-click the button on outbound rules and then choose a New rule
After then, choose Ports and press Enter
Choose TCP and put it in a local port box, for version as per your choice.
* In Quickbooks Desktop 2018: 8019, 56728, 55378-55382
* In QuickBooks Desktop 2017: 8019, 56727, 55373-55377
* In QuickBooks Desktop 2016: 8019, 56726, 55368-55372
* In QuickBooks Desktop 2015: 8019, 56725, 55363-55367
Click next and press on Allow the connection.
Enter the name of the file and press Enter
4. Connect windows host file to server and edit, if it is required
5. Create a new folder for your company file: Create a new folder on host pc, copy .qbw file on that folder. And
after then, open the file in multi-user mode.